Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Your Entrepreneurship Story

Growing up, I did not have much exposure to entrepreneurship. No one in my family is an entrepreneur and I have never actually had a job before. However, I did a ton of volunteering and participated in an array of school clubs and activities. When I was in elementary school in fifth grade, the teachers created a day of business for the students. They created an event called BizTown. All day, we had a hands-on experience with the different job careers that we might have found interesting. Also, at each of the stations, we dealt with money, as some of the jobs required to be in charge of money. Additionally, we were exposed to the necessity of being organized and a hard worker in order to be successful at any job. 

Fifth-graders learn about economy at JA BizTown | Local News ...
BizTown. Google Images. https://www.muskogeephoenix.com/news/local_news/fifth-graders-learn-about-economy-at-ja-biztown/article_8057f244-a9d4-11e4-8dcf-f3237b4753b6.html.
My main reason why I enrolled in ENT3003 is to satisfy a course requirement for my major. That being said, I am interested in this course more than just getting the requirement. No matter what job I pursue, a basic understanding of entrepreneurship is deemed necessary to be successful and make the most out of my business and career. My major is sports management and entrepreneurship can play a vital role in any position I may pursue in the sports world. Even with this type of degree and knowledge of entrepreneurship, I could possibly help improve the standard of living of parts of society that are deprived and poor, as well as creating improvements in the economy and being innovative for the well-being of the common good. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brent,
    That sounds like a pretty awesome event. My school did something similar where we each made our own goods (little shell necklaces, dogs made out of mardi gras beads, etc.) and sold them in the cafeteria during lunch. We were raising money for something, I forgot what. But it's funny, the thing that sold the most, I'm talking hundreds of dollars while everyone else may have made 20 bucks, were these silly little tied-up socks stuffed with bags of sand and button eyes sewn on. Looking back, it makes you think how the silliest little thing can actually be incredibly profitable if you actually give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent,
    This seems like a very cool activity you got to do with your school, which I am sure fifth grade you had a blast doing. I also found the reasoning to which you were enrolled in the class to be very interesting! Seeing what you want to do in the world of sports and make a positive change in the communities of the fans is fantastic to see.

    ReplyDelete