Friday, July 3, 2020

Growing Your Social Capital

Domain Expert:
1)    This person works for the State Government in California and the business of Domain Experts Corporation (DEC). This person is an active Operational and Business Management Consultant. Their experiences lie in Funds Management.
2)    This person fills the slot as a Domain Expert since they are part of this realm in this business and is knowledgeable about the type of business I am pursuing.
3)    I found this person via a Google Search for domain experts in Consulting Firms. I contacted this person by first emailing the main business, asking for their resume.
4)    As a return favor, they allowed me to give my elevator pitch and receive constructional feedback.
5)    This person is highly knowledgeable in Funds Management which will play a critical part in my business opportunity. They will be a great asset to the team. Plus, they work for the state government, as some of the workers in my opportunity do as well.

Market Expert:
1)    This person has a Ph.D., as well as the CEO of their company. This person has 15+ years in advisory services in the market. They are also an author and has received quite a few rewards for their work.
2)    This person fills the slot as a market expert. They are highly active in the market of consulting firms, mostly specifically the involvement of chemical and advanced materials markets.
3)    I found this person via a Google Search for market experts in Consulting Firms. They are one of the many results that were provided. I contacted this person via phone, since a number was provided.
4)    In return, this person has reviewed my first idea napkin so I could get feedback and a unbiased review of my work and opportunity.
5)    This person is recognized for their hard work in the market sections and would be a great contribution to my business opportunity. This person also has a background with advanced chemicals which are found in the environmental labs of research.

Supplier:
1)    This person is a Managing Director of INVERTO, advising companies in engineering. This person has a holistic approach in conducting business.
2)    This person fills the slot as the supplier in the business opportunity. This person works in procurement and supply chain management. They are an expert as a supplier, as well as supplier integration.
3)    I found this person via a Google Search for suppliers in consulting firms. I contacted this person via LinkedIn.
4)    As a return favor, this person has reviewed my first two elevator speeches and provided critiques and feedback to better enhance my future ones and overall business approach.
5)    This person will be very valuable in playing a vital role as a supplier for my business opportunity. They are extremely knowledgeable and credible as a supplier.


Reflection:
      This assignment has allowed me to extend my business approach to others that I had no prior contact with. Also, I was able to get out of my comfort zone of being an introvert and openly express my business ideas. This assignment definitely posed more of a challenge in terms of finding people. But once I did have my persons of interest, the actual work was very straightforward and easy to complete. It was one of my more favorite networking assignments so far in the course.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Brent,
    I really enjoyed reading about the new social capital you were able to acquire and leverage in this assignment. Like you, I had to perform online searches to find my specific experts in the areas of my opportunity. In addition, the exercise also got me out of my comfort zone and surely helped me for future networking. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brent,
    I really enjoyed reading about your assignment on growing your social capital and think you did a really good job finding the right networks on help boost your connections. I think that, especially in your line of business idea, connections are literally everything and that the ones you have developed through this assignment will eventually help you make you idea a success, if you decide to pursue it. Great work as always bro! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent,
    You did a great job of finding people who pertain to the specific industry you want to go into. You made great use of your resources to find these people and create a genuine interaction which could provide you with advice now and in the future if needed. Your post was very interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brent,
    You could not have chosen more qualified people than the ones you were able to select for this assignment. You have a good mix of government and private business sources, including someone who is CEO of their own company! Showing them your elevator speeches and idea napkin was also a super smart idea as you are getting tips from people high up in your industry. Great job!

    ReplyDelete