Friday, June 19, 2020

Create a Custom Avatar

My Blue Robot Avatar

The prototypical customer is male and in the age range of 28-35. There are quite a few prototypical female customers, too, but a lot of my interviewees were male. They are successful environmental lab chemists, as well as businessmen. These customers are married and have 2-3 children. They normally work while their wives are at home with the kids. They enjoy using their time off to be with their families or on a tropical vacation getaway. There is a split divide between the political parties of these customers; some are Republicans, while others are Democrats. They do not watch TV much, but when they do, it is mostly news or crime dramas. Their jobs are very successful in terms of finance. Therefore, they drive really nice, expensive cars. A lot of them drive a Mercedes Benz or Range Rover, which are either black or white. All in all, they have a great job and life full of leisure outside of work.

I have a lot of things in common with my customer avatar. I want to own a Mercedes Benz, particularly a white one. My fiancé has actually put in an order for a 2021 Mercedes Benz for my 21st birthday in July. Also, I want to have 2-3 children when I do decide to have children. I, too, do not watch much TV. I am more of an outdoors person. I hope to have a job that pays extremely well and I can afford luxurious vacations. I do not think it is a coincidence that I have similar traits to these customers. I believe people with similar interests will be attracted to those who have those same interests. Everyone has their own preferences about their hobbies and lifestyles and sometimes that overlaps with what you desire, too.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Brent,

    I like how you thoroughly described your customer, and even included the political party of said customer. I also like how you were honest in terms of mainly interviewing men and getting their perspective compared to women. I agree with your statement that people with similar interests tend to gravitate towards each other. People like to feel included, and tend to seek out others who are similar to fulfill this need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brent! I like how you explained your prototypical customer in great detail. Knowing who your customers are will definitely help you solve their needs. I also found out that I had a lot of things in common with my customer avatar. I tried to click on your avatar to see what he/she looks like but was unable to for some reason, unfortunately. Other than that, great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really was able to get a feel for your protypical customer just from your details. It almost felt like I knew them. I really like how you tied your interviews into this and you used that as a reference point. I think it is smart to do that because those are the same people who have the knowledge on what you are trying to do. The same people who are going to buy your product and service are going to want to know very similar things as well. Overall you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brent,
    I feel like I could get a picture-perfect imagination of your ideal customer avatar from the detailed description you gave. I really like the depth that went when describing your customer by including their political party affiliation and even the only two possible colors of their cars. Such a detailed analysis and description of your customers will be key when starting the business as well as if and when the business grows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brent,
    I feel like I could get a picture-perfect imagination of your ideal customer avatar from the detailed description you gave. I really like the depth that went when describing your customer by including their political party affiliation and even the only two possible colors of their cars. Such a detailed analysis and description of your customers will be when starting the business as well as if and when the business grows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brent,
    I believe you described your prospective customers perfectly with a great amount of detail. I also appreciate the fact that you are able to almost perfectly relate to who you are selling to. I believe that is an extremely important thing to have in any business. If you can relate to the customer you will have the ability to tailor to what they would need. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Brent,
    I think you did a very good job describing your prototypical customer adding a very hefty amount of detail which is very important when it comes to creating your customer avatar. I think that the detail you provided in your prototypical customer will help you a lot in the long run and allow you to have a very specific idea on the segment you are going to target. Great work as usual bro, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Brent,
    For some reason your avatar image isn't loading for me, but because you did such a great job explaining your customer, I can already begin to imagine it anyways. I really like how you went in-depth and even went as far as to predict their political life as well. I definitely agree that people in that career path enjoy luxuries from the income they make, and it's great that you strive to be on that same path! (I also want a Mercedes). Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete