Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

1-6) For this week’s round of interviews, I have chosen another set of 3 environmental lab chemists who are married and have a family. After conducting the interviews, I have gathered pertinent information about the buying behavior of my segment. Each of the people I interviewed said that price and quality mean the most in terms of service. They all agreed that the price must match the quality of service they are receiving. If not, just as everyone might say, it is not worth it. If the service is high in cost, they expect to have a high level of service that is done easily and successfully. For the most part, they agree that style is not a major concern for service. The style in which the service is done has no bearing on the outcome, just as long as it gets done and satisfies the need of the customer. Since they are working long schedules each day in the laboratories, buying online is the most convenient. They do not have time during their breaks or after work to go shopping in stores. The stores are either closed or too far of a drive from their workplace. Thus, online shopping is quick and easy and can be done in the matter of seconds that does not require any extra time for traveling. Since they primarily shop online, they tend to use card over cash to complete their purchases of products or services. Also, they even utilize their cell phones as an avenue to make purchases and schedule appointments for service. With relation to the ‘rightness’ of the purchase, the segment of people interviewed said if the service is done completely and no mess was made, then the service was a success. They use the execution of the service and the demeanor of the person who is doing the service as checkpoints. These checkpoints help them see if the service was a good or bad idea. Good idea means that their need was met and satisfied and vice versa for bad idea.

7) After conducting the interviews, I would have to say this segment is succinct in terms of their alternative evaluation, purchase decision, and post-purchase decision. They all shared similar perspectives for each of these categories. Also, they daily schedules are alike in terms of being busy, so that affects their overall purchase behavior and decision making.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Brent,

    I enjoyed reading about your buyer behavior part 2 and think you are on the right path to success. Similar to my buyer behavior, most of my customers focused on quality and price more than any other aspect of the product. I believe that the 2 are interrelated and that one depends on the other. If a high price is asked for a product, a higher quality will be expected than that of a inferior product with a lower price. Great work buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brent,

    I just had a couple questions: are your interviewees shopping online for the service you're offering? Also, how much does this service typically cost, and how can you make sure that your price matches your quality of service in a good way? You've probably already thought of these things, I'm just curious as I have no idea how these things work. Overall though, I'm still very impressed with your opportunity you've found, and it seems you're getting a lot of useful information to help you continue on with it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent,

    It seems as though you picked people who would greatly apply to what you want to do. I think that's very important. I also think they gave you some very valuable advice. I once had this entrepreneurship teacher that I would just talk to about careers and life for hours. I learned so much just by talking and brainstorming and I am still thankful for him in my life. I think we should have these interviews more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brent,
    I really enjoyed reading your work on this blog post. I really shows that your were able to interview your key customer base which has proven to be very fruitful for the development of your idea. It also seems to be a very common pattern between price and quality of product from our interviews and it might be a key part of any business model.

    ReplyDelete