Friday, June 5, 2020

Idea Napkin No. 1

1) You. I am Brent Cromer, a senior at the University of Florida, majoring in Sports Management and from Stuart, Florida. I like to describe myself as a beach bum, adventurer, hard worker, and a friend to all. I am a very active listener and like to listen and hear what my fellow peers have to say before I put my two sense into a conversation. I am rather reserved and quiet at first, but once you get to know me, I open up and am very easy to talk to. I am the type of person is always there for someone who is need of a friend for emotional support and advice. I have a long list of skills that describe me: strong communicator, active listener, great judgement, proactive, empathetical, and ability to work diligently independently or as a team. My number one aspiration was to become a neurosurgeon. I, however, decided this is not the right path for me in the long run, so I decided I want to have a career in the world of sports. I do not know what specific career I am interested in, but I would like to work for the NFL, PGA Tour, or the Olympics. This business I have chosen may not have a direct impact on my life. Less certifications, especially in sports, can enhance the active performance of athletes and the sport leagues in terms of being qualified and less stressed. The business, however, can provide me with experience with opening up a business from scratch and seeing how successful it may be. Every bit of experience count, and it will help to make me more comfortable when I actually have to join the work force in the career I pursue.

 2) What are you offering to customers? The certifications that businesses must pass are rigor and expensive. I am offering to customers a solution that could lessen the number of certifications and the time-consuming processes. The service propose is a consulting firm that has ties with the local, state, and federal governments. The consulting firm will work with the labs directly. They will have many facets of responsibilities in tackling this issue and business opportunity.

 3) Who are you offering it to? The customers are the environmental laboratories that are struggling financially, as well as other businesses that requires federal certifications. These labs are ones who have connections with the different level of lawmakers. The consulting firm will work the local governments, which is another customer. A specific psychographic population would be those who work to create cleaner products to help provide a safe environment for its customers. A certain demographic population would be low to middle class customers who work for the government.

 4) Why do they care? Customers will pay more money for my service because it will increase their profits and lessen their financial burdens. Also, the consultant will help decrease the federal certifications. By interacting with the certification authorities, they are another representative of the salesforce. They can provide great insight and outside view of the day to day operations and see further areas of improvement.

 5) What are your core competencies? This service will have someone who is a former laboratory owner or director, or someone who worked for the government and has successfully completed these audits. The audits will help the labs and other businesses alike remain in full cooperation with the regulations, which will be reduced. Evaluation paragraph: The business is an independent authority. The fee structure will be flexible in terms of compensation. Further flexibility can be applied to the clients, offering them a flat fee contract, or a commission-based contract. Any savings provided to the laboratories will be compensated to the business, as well. Overall, these elements fit well together and will produce an effective business in relation to the opportunity set forth.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Brent,
    Still doing amazing on this idea, and you explain really well what your firm will be doing in order to lessen the burden of regulation on these environmental labs. I can't really see anything you did wrong, I'd just suggest slowing down and checking grammar and spelling. Overall though, once I understood it, you did really well. By the way, based on your comment to my idea napkin, really cool that you were a biomedical engineer as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brent, as usual, great work on this assignment. I think you have some key strengths that can really help you out in your firm's development. I think the most important aspect, in my opinion, is your active listening skill which something I don't have. I think having the patience to listen to others before saying anything can really help listen to the issues of said chemists and really have a strong impact in their lives. I think what your doing could, in a way, be considered cause marketing as your are working towards a certain cause. Great work overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent,

    You did a great job on this. I am only a little confused because I understand the laboratory aspect of your service, but I guess I am confused on the details. What exactly would these labs service to? Would there be a specific area of focus that your labs would work on, so you can even have a better understanding of what you need to cater? Overall, you did a great job though, I just had a couple questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brent,
    I believe you have a great set of core skills that will set you up for success in the future with whatever you decide to purse. I really enjoy the product you are offering as it embodies entrepreneurship to the core, you are solving a problem a number of people face and ultimately making it easier for people to do something they have a passion for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brent,
    thank you for sharing and you did a great job on this blog post. I think you were able to describe yourself very well which is a very good skills to have in the world of business, self-awareness. I really believe there is a currently unmet need in todays market and industry for a service such as the one your opportunity plans to provide.

    ReplyDelete